Staying active not only helps relieve stress, but it is a part of a healthy lifestyle. Piyolet ® is a unique concept that combines different techniques to promote breathing, relaxation and exercise. The word Piyolet ® is derived from the words PI-Pilates, YO-Yoga & LET-Ballet. The brain child of this technique is lawyer, mom and entrepreneur , Roslyn Bazzle, who understands what it means to juggle a busy schedule.
Try adding these moves into your life to de-stress.
This 10 minute workout makes a great morning routine. Try adding these moves into your daily schedule.
For a longer workout try these area specific moves for the butt, arms and abs.
Super Leg Stretch –
1. Sitting on the mat, extend the legs open.
2. Place both hands behind your hips and push the hips forward a little bit to open the legs / hips even further.
3. Keeping the back as tall as possible, open the arms to second position and reach the upper body towards the right side (keeping the arms in second) and then over to the left going, back and forth to really work on relaxing the legs and hip flexors.
4. When ready, reach over the head with one arm, taking the arm closest to the leg in front of the body into a modified fourth position as you stretch over the leg.
5. Roll forward, extending the arm forward and around with the body, then come back up to center with the arms open. Repeat on the other side
Arabasque Butt Blast™ –
1. Standing in first position for the arms and legs, extend one straight leg with pointed toe forward.
2. As you step on the extended leg, the arm will go to third position and the back leg will raise up into the air with the leg straight, toe pointed (hip open).
3. Keeping the back as tall as possible and shoulders relaxed, you will begin to push the leg up and down (small beats) at least 8-12 times and then return to standing in first.
Roslyn Bazzelle aka Roz is a busy working mom, lawyer and business woman in Houston. The creator and President of PIYOLET, LLC understands what it means to juggle a full schedule while maintaining a healthy balanced lifestyle. Her unique technique, Piyolet ® , combines the best of both relaxation and strength training to relieve stress and promote fitness.